Skip To Content


Student Assignment Services (SAS) Center
Who We Are and What We Do

Student Enrollment Services

Student Enrollment Services is responsible for all Springfield Pubic School registrations, address changes, transfers, the assignment process. and School of Choice inside Springfield Public Schools. Student Enrollment Services is also the facilitator of the Magnet School lottery process for students entering full-day Pre-School, elementary school, middle school and high school. It is also the point of contact for all Magnet School and High School waitlists.

Homeless Education Services (McKinney Vento)

Homeless Education Services provides resources and support for families and unaccompanied youth. Some of the services provided are immediate enrollment into schools, access to backpacks, school supplies, uniforms, and after school and summer programs.

 Early Childhood Special Education Evaluations and Comparable Placements

The Springfield Public Schools Pre-School is an integrated program for children ages 3-5 with or without disabilities. At the SAS Center, we do developmental screenings by appointment, developmental evaluations, and make placements for children with Individual Education Plans (IEP) who have moved into the district.

English Language Learners Language Assessments (for non-native English Speakers)

Students' whose first language is not English, as indicated by a Home Language Survey during the registration process, are assessed in English, Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening in order to determine an appropriate school assignment.

SAS Center- Nurse Managed Clinic

Nurses provide health-related support to families during the registration process. Responsibilities include: Ensuring that students are up to date with immunizations/medication orders as required by federal/state law, administrating immunizations to non-insured/underinsured students, connecting families with medical resources; physicians, dentist, opticians, ect., conducting home visits, and providing CPR training for school staff and flu clinics for students and school staff.

Youth Work Permits

All minors between the ages of 14 and 17 must complete a Youth Work Permit Application to obtain a Youth Work Permit before starting a new job. Youth Work Permit Applications and Youth Work Permits can be obtained at the SAS Center during normal Hours of Operation. 


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.